Ambassador and Zlata Husa hotels were built separately in 1920 on the famous Wenceslas Square in the historical center of Prague. The history of Hotel Ambassador is rather ordinary, compared to the history of Zlata Husa which is quite humorous.
The original owner was a very rich widow who had a young but very ugly daughter. Although her daughter was very wealthy and of an age to be married, she remained single. As she never married, she became known in Prague as "The Golden Goose" (Zlatá Husa).
This is just a short fragment of our long history. In 1964 both hotels joined together and their proud history continues as Hotel Ambassador Zlata Husa.